We feel like it would be nice to share with everyone the open-source and free-to-use products and services we use in DJs Music, to help others and to promote these great tools, so below is a list of all the ones we could remember:
- jQueryUI: We use this one for all our "interactive" widgets and animated stuff, along with jQuery it is one of the best frameworks for dynamic stuff.
- Several jQuery Plugins: BlockUI, scrollTo, sorter, Rounded Corners... etc
- SWFobject to load specific players
- For PHP we have developed basically everything ourselves, with very few exceptions.
- We use our own templating system, based on our URL Re-Writing schema.
- User management, Song reviewing, and all our main systems are all standalone services developed specifically for DJs Music.
- For some minor database tweaks we sometimes use phpMyAdmin, but we prefer our custom DB manager.
- We use some Flash components: The JW Player, and a Cover Flow in our Home Page.
- Databases in MySQL
- ShoutCast server for our Radio
And well, that is basically all I could think of now, if I remember anything else I will post it here,